Click here for a printable version of the agenda 3.30.15 SDCC Agenda
SDCC General Meeting Agenda
Monday March 30, 2015 from 7:30 to 9:00pm Ocean Park Volunteer Rescue Squad Hall
(parking in back, on side streets and across Shore Drive)
Program/Presentation – Mr. Clay Bernick – Administrator City of Virginia Beach Environment and Sustainability Office, will inform us of the City’s efforts to join the National Flood Insurance Program’s (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS) and what residents can do to help make it happen. Depending on the level of participation, home owners that live in flood zones could see insurance premiums reduced by 5%-15%.
Secretary – David Williams
Treasurer’s Report -Kathy Pawlak
Vice President – Wally Damon
President – Todd Solomon
Bishard Development Update – Old Baylake Pines School properties. Both change of zoning requests were “Indefinitely Deferred” at the March 11th Planning Council meeting.
Lesner Bridge Renaming Survey – Update of results and next steps presented at the Bayfront Advisory Committee (BAC) meeting.
City Comprehensive Plan – Update on plan review and how we can continue to stay involved.
New Business –
Proposed Trolley Service from Shore Drive to Oceanfront – The BAC has asked City Council to explore the possibility of extending the trolley service during the Spring and Summer months. Should and how can SDCC support?
Community Concerns – Does your neighborhood/condo have any issues that have come up that need help or may be a warning to others?
Citywide Civic Engagement Opportunities
- City Budget Hearings:
- April 23 at 6 p.m., Green Run High School, 1700 Dahlia Drive
- April 28 at 6 p.m., City Council chamber, 2401 Courthouse Drive
- Transit Extension Study Hearings:
- Monday, April 13, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Meyera E. Oberndorf Central Library, 4100 Virginia Beach Blvd.
- Thursday, April 16, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Linkhorn Park Elementary School, 977 First Colonial Road
- Monday, April 20, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Virginia Beach Higher Education Center, 1881 University Drive
- Saturday, April 25, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Renaissance Academy, 5100 Cleveland St.
- VB Library Use Focus Groups – The VB Public Library need 40 volunteers to discuss ways to improve their service. Focus groups will meet April 20th or 21st. Submit name, email address, phone number, zip code to KHanderh@vbgov.com by April 6th
Next SDCC Meeting - Monday April 27th, Presentation on Flood Mitigation and Flood Insurance by Mike Vernon of Flood Mitigation Hampton Roads and Scott Hunter of Comparity.