Click here for a printable version of the agenda – 5.23.16 SDCC Agenda
SDCC General Meeting Agenda
Monday May 23, 2016 from 7:30 to 9:00pm
Ocean Park Volunteer Rescue Squad Hall
(parking in back, on side streets and across Shore Drive)
Special Presentations – No scheduled presentation. This time will be used to discuss which future presentations should be pursued. Possibilities include:
- City’s Urban Forest and Tree Oversight (Susan French, City Arborist)
- Long Range Storm Water Plans for Shore Drive East of Lesner Bridge
- Update on City’s pursuit of Community Rating System (CRS), a National Flood Insurance Program
- Update on Shore Drive Safety – Have improvements helped reduce accidents/incidents?
- Any other community concerns?
Secretary – David Williams; Treasurer’s Report -Kathy Pawlak; Vice President – Wally Damon; President – Todd Solomon
Marina Shores Proposed Development – Update on proposal to rezone the site and construct 261 apartments. City’s Planning Department evaluation update. When will the project go before the Planning Commission?
Beach Event Houses – Update from the Beaches & Waterways Commission overseeing this evaluation.
New Business –
Bayfront Advisory Commission News – Mr. Wally Damon will update us on the actions of the Bayfront Advisory Commission.
Community Concerns – Does your neighborhood/condo have any issues that have come up that need help or may be a warning to others?
Next SDCC Meeting – Monday June 27, 2016