Click here for a printable version of the agenda 1-30-17-sdcc-agenda
SDCC General Meeting Agenda
Monday January 30, 2017 from 7:30 to 9:00pm
Ocean Park Volunteer Rescue Squad Hall
(parking in back, on side streets and across Shore Drive)
Special Presentation – Storm Water Improvements for Shore Drive Area
Mr. Mike Bumbaco, Project Manager with the City’s Public Works/Water Resources Department, will provide updates on the current storm water projects being worked in our area. He will also discuss additional plans that are in the design phase and could benefit from public input. The improvements could carry a price tag of $60+ million. Some of the topics to be covered will include:
- Sluice Gate installation in Cape Story and Lynnhaven Colony. How they operate and project timeline.
- Pump house upgrade at Poinciana in Cape Story
- Storm water improvements for areas north of Shore Drive
- Large collection pound for current treed area near Page Ave. and Shore Drive
- What types of systems could be used along Shore Drive, large pipes and pump stations or gravity drains?
Officer’s Reports: Secretary – David Williams; Treasurer’s Report -Kathy Pawlak; Vice President – Wally Damon; President – Todd Solomon
Friends of Live Oaks (FOLO) – Update on the organization’s work to promote the preservation of the City Tree, the Live Oak.
Community Rating System (CRS) – Update on the City’s progress in joining the HUD-FEMA CRS program that could save 5-20% on Flood Insurance premiums.
New Business –
Bayfront Advisory Commission (BAC) News – Mr. Wally Damon will update us on the actions of the Bayfront Advisory Commission.
Community Concerns and Suggestions for 2017 – General discussion of neighborhood and community concerns that may need SDCC attention. This is an opportunity for all to share information.
Next SDCC Meeting – Monday February 27, 2017