Finished for 2018.
See ya in 2019!
Then from September 7 through September 30, Bayfront shuttle service will run from 8:00 a.m. to Midnight, but only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Route 35 connects to:
Route 31, Aquarium and Campground Trolley
Ride the VB Wave trolley south to campgrounds and tennis courts, fun parks, and to the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center. Aquarium and Ocean Breeze serviced during operating hours only.
May 20 – Labor Day, 9:30 a.m. until 11:10 p.m.
Daily about every 20 minutes.
Route 35 is extended to Pleasure House Road & Shore Drive.
Trolley linking the Bayfront and Oceanfront, with service every 30 minutes, launched Sunday, May 20.
This represents an expansion of last summer’s pilot service, both in distance and frequency.
Fares are $2 each way for adults, $1 for seniors age 65+ and free for children under age 17 with a paying adult.
Under 17 without a paying adult may ride for $1. Day passes, allowing unlimited rides on the route, sell for $4.50 for adults, $2.25 for seniors age 65+.
Three-day, half-fare passes are also available.
Advance passes may be purchased at the following retail locations:
• Sunsations at 500, 812,1116, 1400, 2300, 2500, 3020 and 3300 Atlantic Avenue
• Virginia Gift Shop at 702, 1706 and 2412 Atlantic Avenue.
• Sports Alley at 2900 Atlantic Avenue
• Virginia Beach Visitors Bureau at 2100 Parks Avenue
• First Landing State Park Campground at 2500 Shore Drive and
• Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center at 2800 Shore Drive
Exact-change fares can be paid at each shuttle stop.
Additional information regarding HRT and how to ride can be found at www.gohrt.com
Subscribe to The Advocate to stay up to date on news about Route 35 & all things Shore Drive. Start here to subscribe.